Indoor Sprint Triathlon
Indoor Sprint Triathlon - Sunday, Feb. 25
The YMCA will host an indoor sprint triathlon on the afternoon of Sunday, Feb. 25. Registration deadline is Friday, Feb. 23, 10 p.m. Participants will be notified on Saturday if there are multiple heats on Sunday.
Proceeds from the Indoor Sprint Triathlon will benefit Partners with Youth, which provides financial aid toward family and individual memberships, as well as youth sport fees.
The event will consist of the following schedule:
- 4:15 p.m., first heat of 11 participants
- 10 minute swim or water walk
- 10 minute transition to bike (and run if the same) clothing
- 30 minute cycling on indoor bicycles (set your own cadence and speed)
- 10 minute transition to treadmill
- 20 minute run or walk on one of the 11 treadmills
- If second heat needed, swim will start 30 minutes after the first swim heat (approximately 4:45 p.m.)
- Finish with awards for top three men and women based on point system:
Swim, 5 points per length
Bike, 10 points per mile
Run/walk, 10 points per 1/4 mile
- Fee: Member, including shirt, $25; member, no shirt, $15; non-member, including shirt, $35; non-member, no shirt, $25
- If you would like to be in the same heat as someone else, please note on the registration form
- Register online or at the YMCA service desk.
For more information about the triathlon, contact Ronda Graff at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the YMCA at 345-6228.
Sprint Tri (391 KB)