Republican River Fitness Series
The Republican River Fitness Series (RRFS) has been developed because we have a passion for wellness, for participation, for developing a healthy and active lifestyle for ourselves and more importantly for our community. The series is a collaboration between the YMCA and Community Hospital, along with financial support from McCook National Bank, Brown’s Shoe Fit and Acme PrintingThe RRFS would like to be a significant asset to the communities it covers, showcasing the area’s natural assets through races.
We feel this can be done through locally-produced, locally-held events, from 5K run/walks to adventure runs. Ultimately, the series will promote wellness and participation from people in all stages of life and all stages of fitness.
Our goal is to encourage local participation, local sponsorship, use of local businesses, and produces proceeds that benefit local charities and organizations. To qualify for the end-of-the-year banquet, participants must enter at least 9 of the 12 events or earn points at each race for their age division and for participation.
Race results as well as registration for all races may be completed at the RRFS website, www.republicanriverfitnessseries.com.
The 2017 series includes:
- Saturday, March 25: K of C/YMCA Shamrock Shuffle 5K/10K- 2017 Shamrock Shuffle registration form
- Saturday, April 22: Hitchcock County School’s Foundation Republican River Adventure Race – 2017 Hitchcock County Foundation Adventure Race brochure
- Thursday, May 11: Community Hospital Wellness Run – Wellness Run 2017 registration
- Saturday, June 3: Tri Valley Glow Run
- Satuday, June 24: Michelle’s Memorial Triathlon
- Tuesday, July 4: Culbertson Freedom Run 5K/10K and Kid’s Fun Run 2017 Freedom Run brochure
- Saturday, July 22: YPG Crazy Day
- Saturday, Aug. 19: Community Hospital SuperHero 5K/Half-Marathon
- Saturday, Sept. 23: YMCA/Parker Heritage Days 5K – 2017 Heritage Days road race brochure
- Saturday, Oct. 21: MHS XC Zombie Run – 2017 MHS XC Zombie Run brochure
- Saturday, Nov. 18: Community Hospital/YMCA Turkey Trot
- Saturday, Dec. 16: RRFS Reindeer Run
For more information about the series or to register for these events, visit the RRFS website: www.republicanriverfitnessseries.com
Come join us as we learn more about the teachings of Jesus and enjoy fellowship and a hot cup of coffee.